24th ESAB Newsletter
The Scientific Committee of the EFB Section on Applied Biocatalysis (ESAB) had her 58th Meeting in Brussels/BE on 23 January 2007. A short report of this meeting is given below.
1. Brussels Affairs
- The Implementation Action plan is available as a download from the ESAB website.
- The SusChem Brokerage Event for FP7 first calls’ took place in Brussels on 24 January 2007 . Please check the website for more detailed information:
2.1 Reports from Past Events
- The BioCat 2006 conference took place from 3-7 September 2006 in Hamburg /DE. The organisation was perfect also due to the excellent support from DBU. A broad spectrum of about 400 participants attended the meeting and a broad spectrum of topics were presented .
- The International Symposium on Biocatalysis in the Food and Drinks Industries was held from 24-26 September 2006 in Wageningen.About 75 participants attended the meeting, with participants from Japan and the US not represented. The concept of continuation was approved in a voting with hand signs by the majority of the delegates of the 58th Scientific Committee Meeting.
2.2 Outlook to future events
- The International Conference on Synthetic Biology , 24-27 June 2007 at the ETH Zurich/Switzerland
- 7th International Conference on Protein Stabilization , Exeter/UK, 11-14 April 2007
A folder with detailed programme is available on the following web page: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/prostab2007 . Also the registration is online now.
The former name of the Conference ‘Enzyme Stabilization’ was changed to the more generalised labelling ‘Protein Stabilization’.
- 7th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Symposium , Braunschweig/DE, 22-25 April 2007
Chairman of the Symposium is Horst Buchholz from the Technical University of Braunschweig/Germany. The event will be organised together with H. Geiling from DECHEMA.
- Symposium on Nonconventional Media , Moscow/RU, June 2008,
The symposium will be organized in 2008 and a date/venue will be provided as soon as possible.
- Biotrans 2007 , Oviedo, 8-13 July 2007
Vicente Gotor is Chairman of this Conference, its venue is the Conference Center in the lovely city of Oviedo, capital of Asturias, Spain. The early bird registration for this conference is still available.
- ECB13 , Barcelona, 16-19 September 2007
The 13th European Congress on Biotechnology, 16 – 19 Sept 2007
Venue: Fira de Barcelona – Montjuic, Barcelona, Spain has a great number of
Registrations, Deadline for poster abstract submissions: 31 July 2007 !
The abstracts will be published in a special issue of Journal of Biotechnology.
Please watch for the latest update on URL: http://www.ecb13.eu
- 4th International Symposium on Biocatalysis in the Food and Drinks Industries , 2nd half of September 2008, Toulouse
- Screening for Novel Biocatalysts 2008, Date and Venue have to be determined.
- Third International Conference on Renewable Resources and Biorefineries - RRB3 will take place in a monastery in Ghent (Belgium) from 4 - 6 June 2007. The Conference will be accompanied by an exhibition.
3. Next ESAB-Meetings SciCom:
- The 59th SciCom Meeting will take place on Sunday, 8 july 2007 from 10.00 -16.00 h in Oviedo (Spain) before the start of BIOTRANS conference.
- The 60th SciCom Meeting (Anniversary!) will take place on Saturday, 15 september 2007 in Barcelona (Spain).
Roland Wohlgemuth (Chairman of ESAB)
© DECHEMA e.V. 1995-2019, Last update 30.10.2017